Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tired of the Boring

So, I basically got too impatient with waiting for May 12 to come for me to 'officially' start this blog. So I'll start now. I am beginning my process of moving out from campus. Quite hectic, as I usually have a huge mess to tidy up and organize (sort of) before I stuff it into boxes. I hate moving days.
Studio is about to be finished for the year, right after the 2 day review session during finals week. However, I am not fazed at all about this, as the majority of the stuff we had to turn in was due today. In other words the lion's share of work has been done, and I just have to finish off the year in style with some sweet talk (aka bullshit). Enough about academics, I don't really want to think about it anymore. To be honest, this post is about nothing at all. I can't even really string together any intelligent insight, just sputtering facts and thoughts outright.

I guess I still have not grasped the fact that I'm going to be in China in less than 2 weeks. I feel like I should be more excited that what I am currently feeling, but I don't. I guess it's the other parts of my life that is dragging my mood down. I don't know how to really begin to describe this, but for the past chunk of my life (mostly college) I have been pretty depressed. Nothing really gives me happiness. I do drugs occasionally to escape from the reality that is my life, but really, I don't know how to feel happy anymore. I don't think I can remember being happy in the lasts two years. I only remember many many all-nighters, feelings of abandonment, frustration, and mostly depression. They say that college is supposed to be the time of our lives, but I am still failing to see that. I don't have fun. Not here. Not in my current state.

1 comment:

  1. i know i have not experienced GT classes, but as far as mood levels and things ... I've definitely been there before. Hating school, burned out, not knowing where I belong ... I think China is exactly what you need to start over and care about things again.

    ReplyDelete